What happens when the Credit Builder Account ends?
Once you have successfully made your final loan payment at the end of the 12-month or 24-month term, you’ll receive an email notification stating that your Certificate of Deposit (CD) account has matured.
Once an account has been completed a payout tracker will appear in your dashboard within 24 hours so you can check your payment status and know when to expect your money. See how the payout tracker works here. Your payout will be less unpaid fees and interest.
From there, you’ll need to log in and select your payout option. To do this:
On your Self App:
Log into your Self account.
Click “My Credit Builder Accounts”
- Scroll down until you see “Payout Option”. From the dropdown box, select your payout option
From a computer or browser:
- Log into your Self account.
- Click “My Credit Builder Accounts”
- Under 'Details' you will see 'When my Credit Builder Account closes"
- Start payout process immediately - Prompt us to send your payout once your account is paid in full (even if it is paid off early)
- Send my payout at agreed-upon term end - If you pay off your account early, we will hold your payout for you until your original maturity date
- From the dropdown box below, select your payout option